Here is the 24 June 2017 first beta build of "Marblesared" (Marbles Are Red) for PC and Android.
Animated Tutorials (18 sections) are complete & integrated into Game Level new item detection.
It's official - My PCAndVR business name has been registered in Australia with an ABN.
My Patreon page has been created!
Initial branding work has been done (blog,videos&other posts on social media)
What is "Marblesared" ?
It is a new take on the old hand-held "marble-in-a maze" type games commonly available many decades before electronic hand held games existed,
where you had to get a marble from one corner of the maze to the other, or variations on the theme.
Marblesared is designed to make the most of Android device built-in accelerometers,
enabling you to play simply by tilting your Android mobile device as if it were a physical container holding a marble.
It can also be played on PC with keyboard (or gamepad) controlling the marble.
How to play ?
- Roll your red marble to the red goal, through mazes, obstacles & bonuses.
- Help a little yellow bean get to the yellow goal.
The yellow bean can auto-navigate, and even has a jetpack for speeding to the yellow goal after your red marble unlocks it.
Only your marble can help the bean reach that yellow goal.
How? By lowering obstacles, by NOT tripping bad items, by NOT directly running over the bean and Smooshing it,
and ideally, by doing it in as little time as possible if you are competitive and want to brag a bit :-)
The target audience is early teens and older, due to the bean character being "smooshed",
and humour content (very bad puns),
There is no elite skill barrier - anyone capable of using a PC or Android tablet can play - albeit some better than others :-)
The current build has:
- Animated intro/splash screen with sound effects.
- Help/Instructions (Please read this first as an introduction on How to Play).
- Tutoriballs (Animated Tutorials) - disabled by default, appearing as a zoomable PIP inset image when enabled.
synced to 1st appearance of each new bad/bonus item so players learn how to use them
- 33 hand-designed levels for each of 3 skills for Play testing:
- "BabyBall" skill (No Bonuses or Bad Items),
- "Normball" skill (Bonus Items - e.g. Actuator/Triggers with Drop-down walls)
- "Maballs!" skill with Bonus/Bad Items & harsher penalties e.g. electrified goal for yellow bean requiring disabling)
- (upcoming planned new level "Hardball" with all the bad/bonus items of Maballs, but no electrified goal)
- Bonus items (Green), include: Actuator Pad, Wall, Bean Shield, Extra Time, Bean Powerup, PortalEntry, PortalExit,
- Bad items (Red), include: Actuator Pad, Wall, Compactor, Slicer, Spike Plate, Lava Pit, Weight , Bomb, SmartMine
- Bad/Bonus actuators exist primarily to activate the other bad/bonus items, & will clear Bad Items in Babyball, Normball skill, but test levels only have bad items in MaBalls! skill.
- Reset Actuator (Purple) to clear Bad Items in MaBalls! skill
- SoundFX for bad/bonus items
- Player setup/name/skill/Score reset for New games (New Player games start by default at Level 1 on BabyBall skill)
- Continued games option to start at any level up to highest played for current player
- Score/countdown per level & local saved high score table for each player & top 10 player scores
- Plan to have option to upload player total scores to internet with top 1000 player scores worldwide
- Game settings including Debug on/off, Sound on/off, Controller input selection for both PC & Android using inbuilt default/keyboard/accelerometer/gamepad
Next on the todo list:
- Beta build on sale as "Early Release"
- Adding more levels manually
- Additional "Settings" for improved graphics quality (shaders, shadows, reflections, transparency), Gameplay, Audio (SoundFX On/Off only so far),
- Algorithm for auto-generation of levels,
- Make it a bit more "pretty", add in music, etc...
The [expanded] app size is currently about 40Mb for Android, 30Mb for PC version,
Download size is 23Mb for the Android .APK, 11Mb for the PC version executable installer ).
Link to my "PCAndVR" Google Drive shared directory for Windows PC download :
MortePCAndVR Google Drive shared directory "Marblesared"
The shared directory contains self-extracting Setup executable for PC, Release Notes,
and an Install-README text file with more detail on PC & Android version install/uninstall.
The PC version is a generic Windows 32bit .exe so it works on WinXP through to Windows 10 (AMD/Intel x86/x64 only)
No Windows 10 "Universal" build for ARM/Atom yet - coming soon as I get Win10+Universal SDK.
YouTube Marblesared playlist link
Google Play store link for direct Android install & pretty screenshots
If your Android alpha version is not auto-updating past the old v20170511 or v20170512 version to the new Beta build,
try uninstalling, then reinstalling from the Google Play Store link.
If that doesn't work, drop me a line on one of my new social media channels.
Patreon PCAndVR link:
Have fun, and Play Ball!